Cordova residents are fiercely proud of their community and continuously commit their time and resources into projects for the betterment of all. The Cordova Community Foundation’s focus is to enhance the quality of life in Cordova through community giving.
Cordova is aware of the importance of self-reliance. We have come together to produce local initiative for vision-oriented legacy planning and giving. This is how the Cordova Community Foundation began; with a dream of providing the means for improvement in the quality of life within our town.
When a donor gives to the Cordova Community Foundation, they leave behind a legacy now and into the future.The Cordova Community Foundation is a permanent fund for the Cordova region. Your gifts will be part of a long-term endowment, allowing you to invest in our community’s future and contribute to our collective quality of life. The Cordova Community Foundation envisions a fully engaged community giving generously, gaining self-reliance, and growing support for causes our community cares about.
Your donations to the endowment fund or operating endowment fund of the Cordova Community Foundation will:
- Help us earn the generous 1:1 match of up to $210,000 to be invested in our funds by The Alaska Community Foundation and the Rasmuson Foundation, as part of the Affiliate Program over the next 2 years (2019-2020)
- Help us earn a further gift of $5,000 annually for immediate community grants to local nonprofits from The Alaska Community Foundation and the Rasmuson Foundation, as part of the Affiliate Program over the next 2 years (2019-2020)
- Connect donors with causes they care about
- Catalyze community planning between individuals, organizations and governments
- Support local nonprofits through grants and capacity building trainings